Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
This recipe has been passed down for generations and is a crowd favorite every fall. These melt-in-your-mouth bars are super easy to make and when a batch makes it way into our office, they are usually gone in minutes.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15oz.) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium size bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin together. Gradually add dry ingredients and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Spread mixture onto an ungreased jelly roll pan or lightly greased 9″ x 13″ dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Blend cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Spread over cooled bars.